And I ride a bicycle.
Not bragging but I feel pretty accomplished today, which is a nice change from feeling as if I am constantly dragging. I woke up later than usual which was my first big accomplishment; I had a closing shift at the restaurant and wasn’t ready for bed til 2:30…sleeping til 9:30 was glorious! Second accomplishment was dealing with some past personal matters, seeking professional advice on said matters, and moving in what will hopefully be the right direction instead of absolutely nowhere with these matters. Third accomplishment was getting my booty via bicycle to an appointment, scooting down to say Hello to Lauren (Hi!), and getting to and from the grocery store all before the rain came. Glad to say I made it but had to stop and drop some groceries off with Nick because I had over shopped, forgetting that I needed to be able to put everything on the rack and not into a trunk. I’m pretty forgetful…or maybe just spacey.
Part of my 30 Day Challenge is to eat clean throughout the week. Simple is better, at least when it comes to eating clean and having limited funds. Today I ended up picking up:
- Fage 2% Greek Yogurt, plain, big tub
- Now that my weight is back up, I should probably switch to 0%, whoops. And for those who know the pricing of Greek yogurts and are wondering why I am buying Fage when I am on a budget, be advised that there is a HUGE taste difference, and Fage is just that much better in my opinion when it comes to plain yogurt
- Chioboni 2% yogurts, individuals
- Why buy two kinds of yogurt? I like these for dessert. Not the same as ice cream, not even close, but I will gladly indulge in my little cup of yogurt over ice cream if it means not having night sweats from a sugar spike or hating myself in the morning for giving in to temptation.
- Alaskan Cod, not a fillet but a ______.
- For the life of me I can’t recall what type of cut this cod was but let’s just say it’s ‘meatier’ than a filet. I plan to cook this up for lunch tomorrow with a little lemon juice, dill, salt, pepper, and…Sriracha!
- Turkey Breast and Chicken Breast from the Deli
- Top of my salad with chopped meat, hahaha, as well as my Triscuits.
- Reduced Fat Triscuits
- Fresh Herbs: Mint, Cilantro, and Dill
- Thien introduced me to the idea of throwing whole herbs into my meals and I don’t think my life will ever be the same again.
- Cage free Eggs
- I haven’t looked at the research but regardless I feel a bit better knowing the ladies were able to roam and weren’t trapped in a shoebox sitting in scum.
That’s all I bought this time, but come Sunday I am sure this list will be three times longer. Five more days until a gourmet meal!