I was thrown off my game last night. Why? Dinner at the rents. Instead of chicken and vegetables for dinner I had vegetable lasagna…and two beers. I am not gonna lie, I also had a oatmeal-cranberry-white chocolate chip cookie and a piece of my moms ‘weight watchers’ pumpkin-spice bread. Whoops!
Shouldn’t I be pissed and work my ass off today? Maybe, but I am not going to kill myself over one night of ‘off’ eating. There were many benefits to last night.
One: I got to see my beautiful Mamaduke. Pops was at some sort of training for OSHA (if that’s what its called).
Two: I got to see my aunts and uncles. Nothing like a hug from Mr White, always makes me smile.
Three: I saw three relatives that I haven’t seen in probably five years, Steven, Lynn, and Emily, New Yorkers from my moms’ side of the family. So great to catch up! Here’s a joke that’s still fresh in my mind from Steven: Did you ever smell moth balls? (Yea, of course, they wreak.) How’d you spread their legs? Ha.
Four: Always nice to see the bro’s…even if they don’t really know how to carry on a conversation.
Five: For a woman whose broke as f*ck, a free meal is always welcome, as is a beer or two.
Sometimes you have to weigh out what matters more. For those of you who want to control everything, including food, you gotta learn to live a little. Took me awhile, and I still struggle, but believe me, life is much more enjoyable with a little breathing room.
I said I would post yesterday’s workout later in the day, so apologies for not doing so. I got back to Hadley and just needed some me time. But here are the details to yesterdays session:
- UMASS Campus Recreation 12pm with Jill. Such a great class!!! If you went, props to you, it was a tough one. My heart rate was bumping between 135 – 148 as we were warming up, but then she laid it on heavy and my heart rate was ranging from 156 – 172. Kick ass class Jill!!
Strength Circuit, ran through 3 times
- Combination of gluteus medius exercises and upper body. Looked like:
- Standing Hip Lifts, 12 each leg
- Lateral raises with 10lb weights
- Single leg deadlifts, 10lb weight, 8/8 or 16 per leg
- Overhead press, 10lb weight, 20 reps
- One legged bridges, 12 lifts per side
- 12 pushups
Tried to complete the circuit as fast as possible. Still trying to focus on allieviating the pain in my left hip and these exercises seem to be helping. I wanted to incorporate upper body to increase the caloric burn, having my body switch from upper to lower body recruitment. Not the hardest workout. But still beneficial.
Day Three: Already???
Where the hell does time freakin go??? I only have today and tomorrow left before the show and today is jam packed, leaving not a whole lot of time for muah. Selfish? Eh, a little. But if you don’t take care of yourself, who will???
On the agenda for today:
Babysit 8:30 am – 3 pm
- Going rock climbing with the kiddos, except I think they may climb and I may sit and work on this. I don’t really have the extra cash to throw at a fake rock wall. One day…
Hangar 4 pm – 1 am
It’s 9:25 am. Here’s what has been accomplished already:
- Cybex Arch Trainer – One of my favorite pieces of cardio equipment. Went for 20 minutes. Climbed for the first 10 at a steady pace, increasing the resistance by two every minute of so. Ending up at a resistance of 25. After 10 minutes I began to push hard, increasing the incline every minute, as well as the resistance every so often. Finishing at an incline of 15, resistance at 35. When on the arch, I try to watch my form; upright posture, never lean on the handles, full extension of my legs. I try to imagine my muscles working and getting lean and long.
- Mini Circuit, ran through 3 times
- Upside down Bosu: Ball throws at the wall, 20
- 25 mountain climbers
- Squats while catching a medicine ball (8lb), 20
- 25 plank jumping jacks
- 25 mountain climbers
- 25 crunches on the ball
Breakfast consisted of 1/4 Trader Joe’s Steel Cut Oats, made with 3/4 cup almond milk, 2 tbsp ground flax seed, 1 banana, about a 1/4 cup of blackberries, and one Fage 2% plain yogurt with honey. This was a big breakfast so I’ve kind of held on to it, slowly working on it through out the morning.
Coffee, black, strong, delicious coffee. Gonna hold my ground on stopping by noon. I promise.
Made my meals for the day while cooking breakfast and they are:
3 pieces of skinless chicken breasts, about 4 oz each. Baked at 400 (they were frozen), sprinkled with my homemade Memphis Dust.
Two salads: mixed greens, spinach, and romaine, drizzled with olive oil and salt/pepper
Two broccoli stocks, gonna blanch them and eat for dinner while at work
About 1 cup of baby carrots
Frozen veggies, a broke girls favorite fall back food! A mix of green and yellow beans with peas. Mmmm, yum.
I think that’s everything. Going to work my way through the day and hope I don’t freak out that I still have to make tshirts for the show for Nick and I, self tan at least once more, possibly run to the Holyoke Mall if my Nike Pro’s don’t arrive by mail, and teach two spinning classes tomorrow morning…stressed? Yes.