- One clementine and half an apple (split with Nick)
- As shown earlier, I tossed some leftovers in a pan along with some eggs. So how’d I do without my slice of toast? Not too bad. Got hungry again around 2 but I don’t think it was due to a lack of grains. Although grains were on the brain and so…
- a bowl of Great Grains cereal. Had to have it. I knew what the rest of my day looked like foodwise and not that I am avoiding grains but they just aren’t part of the picture today, so now was my chance. I had around a cup and a half of cereal with a cup of almond milk.
- Cup of tea; blend of Yogi Tea Echinacea and Tazo Green
- Another clementine 🙂
- Baby carrots
- Homemade Miso Soup with Swai!!
- Haven’t made it yet but it seems relatively easy:
- Marinated Swai fillet in Chili Sauce
- Boil 4 cups of water; Add minced onion as well as diced mushrooms, which I will saute in olive oil. Cut the fish up into 4 pieces (not bite size), plop them into the boiling water. Reduce heat once the fish has cooked through, probably 4 minutes max.
- In a cup, mix 8 tsp of miso (fermented variety) with water, stir til blended. Make sure the fish/pot/stock is no longer boiling and then go ahead and stir the miso in. Finished. Not bad huh? Let’s hope it taste good. I am swinging this one but read a little about cooking miso, making miso soup, etc. Great site to check out if you need step by step instructions: www.lafugimama.com
- I am serving up fried chicken and fries til 12:30am, chances are I will be bored or tempted to eat something unhealthy so I am coming prepared!
- Romaine, spinach, and mixed greens tossed in olive oil with half an avocado. Salt and pepper to taste.
Taught my first spin class at 35 South Cycle today!!! Must say, I was nervous at first. I had 7 attendees, one being the owner, I was just getting there at 8:40, class began at 8:45, I had to select music, figure out the ride, get settled…then I realized there was no point in being nervous. Fuck it. I was there, up in front, no place to hide. These people paid to get a good workout and it was my job to guide them. Music selected. Ride selected. Ready. Set. Go!
We did a pretty strenuous 45 minute interval ride that had me struggling to breath nevermind speak. After class I headed over to the rec center and did the following circuit three times through:
- Medicine Ball Toss and Squats, 20 reps
- Lunge with a Medicine Ball Twists, 10 each leg
- Medicine Ball Throws Up Close to the Wall (targets triceps), 30 reps
- Russian Twists, 50 or 25 each side
- Hip Lifts on a Physio Ball, 20 reps
Footage and FeedBack
Soon I shall have videos and more photos of drills, exercises, stretches, etc. I just got my laptop fixed so that was step one! Patience!! If you have any questions just go ahead and leave them in the comments area. Feedback is always helpful!