I didn’t want to spend too much time at the gym today so I planned for a combined cardio/strength training circuit. In all, it took me about 40 minutes.
- 10 minutes on a Spinner bike. These bikes are legit. You can really push hard on a spinner. I popped my headphones in, set up a timer, and then pedaled my ass off. If the beat increased then so did either my resistance or my speed, sometimes both. I performed jumps for the entirety of one song, completely kicking my ass. 10 minutes doesn’t seem like a substantial amount of time but let me tell you, if you really push hard, like dripping bullets of sweat-panting like an animal hard, then its worth it.
Strength Circuit #1, repeat 3 times, very little rest (>1min between each set):
- 15 pushups via TRX
- 15 knee tucks via TRX
- 15 squats with a 10 lb medicine ball catch
- 10 minutes on the Spinner, all out. Again, changing to the beat of my electro tunes.
Strength Circuit #2:
- 15 deep squats to vertical jumps, aiming to touch the bar above me
- 10 rainbow reaches on each side, with a 10 second hold
- 20 tricep dips on a bench
I was pretty flushed, and truthfully slightly dizzy after my last set of vertical jumps. All in all, I felt like this was a very purposeful workout, really very productive.