Bummer title but it’s the truth. I may just be really tired (I am) and therefore not my upbeat, determined self, but I feel like I am a little behind in terms of my bodys’ progress. I had Nick take a few photos tonight and honestly I don’t want to post any of them…that’s sad! Alas, I said I would post progress photos today so I will, but only because I think it’s important to share that this shit doesn’t come easy. Not even for someone who started off in shape. Transforming yourself, developing your body into something brand new, creating new habits and destroying old ones, it all takes alot of hard work and more importantly time.
Even though I am a little discouraged I am not giving up. I have to remind myself that I took nearly 2 weeks off while I had the flu. You are probably rolling your eyes thinking I am crazy. Well that’s ok cause I am crazy. But you have to realize that I am only about 8-9 weeks out from competing. That’s cutting it close believe it or not.
I was in the gym today and tried one of Nicole Wilkins shoulder workouts. Again, I got discouraged but I pushed through and finished the workout. I am new to lifting heavier weights and let me tell ya, an Olympic barbell is a little different from the little guys used in a typical group exercise class. I felt fatigue in just the warm up lifts! I made a modification equipment wise due to the lack of equipment available but here’s what I accomplished. Hopefully next time I return to this workout I will be able to complete all the reps.
- Warmup: Barbell shoulder press, 12 reps, 2 sets
- Barbell shoulder press, 2 dropsets to failure with a small amount of recovery time
- 1 set: 20lbs, 4 reps
- dropped weights, 5 reps
- 2nd set: 20lbs, 5 reps
- dropped weights, 4 reps
- Single arm lateral cable raises, with an increase in weight on the second set…except I couldn’t do that so I reversed it and basically performed dropsets
- 1st set: 10lbs, 15 reps then 5lbs, 10 reps
- 2nd set: 10lbs, 10 reps then 5 lbs, 7 reps
- 3rd set: 10lbs, 10 reps then 5 lbs, 4 reps
- Upright cable row, 15 reps, 3 sets using 20 lbs
- Cable reverse flye, 10lbs, 8 reps, 3 sets (so crazy how quickly my range of motion decreased)
- Rear delt raise, 10lbs, 12 reps, 3 sets
I basically want to crash hard in my bed right now and wake up to a beautiful day where my training goes phenomenally well and I feel really strong and confident. Hopefully that’s the case.