I am sure you are wondering why I am doing another legs day. There are two reasons:
- There was too much down time during yesterdays workout and therefore I never truly fatigued in the manner that I was hoping to. This can happen when you train in a group (2+ people) or at peak times. Word of advice: don’t train in groups when you are on a mission! 🙂
- I was told that my legs need to lean out by Pro figure competitors. I was also told this advice:
Keep in mind there’s a difference between the stage and reality. You may have to work on something (like my legs) in order to make it on stage yet in the real world you are still going to cause an accident/stop traffic if you cross the street.
I know I am a beautiful woman. When I bring up things like this it is purely in the pursuit of competing. I can still distinguish the two. 🙂
This workout was again performed in supersets (with 3 sets) but went much smoother and had less stops. I struggled to finish but I am also beat from training all week and lack of sleep (shame on me!). Thank goodness it’s Friday tomorrow. All I have is work 6am-2pm, a bus ride to Boston where I will happily nap, and then a 80 minute massage….! So necessary.
Legs and Back
- Wide Grip Pull Ups on Assisted Machine
- Max reps (Stats: 30lbs; 12, 10, 7)
- Plie Shuffle Kicks
- 10 each way
- Cable Lat Pull Downs
- Max reps (Stats: 37.5lbs; 20, 20 27.5lbs;20)
- Isolated One-Legged Step Ups
- 12 each leg (Stats: 20lb dumbbells)
- Dumbbell Rows
- 20 each side (Stats: 20lb dumbbells)
- Bulgarian Split Squats
- 15 each leg (Stats: 20 lb dumbbells)
Today I learned that I need to forget the assisted pull up machine and just go old-school. I will do as many as I can each time, even if its something like 5, 2, 1. I also learned that as a newbie to this type of gym equipment ( I used to use only my body weight), I need to be more cautious at first and make sure I am executing each exercise correctly. I have been using the same weights as Jill and I am just not ready for that…yet ;-).
O, for the love of buddha! It’s 11:33pm. Oy vey. Gonna be one sleepy girl tomorrow. Good thing I am not driving to Boston!
Happy Friday everyone, go kick some ass!