It’s hard to name one thing, so here are the top tid bits of advice that have been handed down to me, and have helped me reach my goals:
- Trust the process. It’s gonna seem impossible, it’s gonna feel like it’s not working, but just stay on plan and ride it out. It. Will. Work. As you will see below, my results are not instant! I don’t weigh myself often but I am currently 150.1, by Chaos is May, I will be around 135. Slow and steady wins the race!
- Journal. Journal about your workouts and your meal plan. Keeping track and looking back, learning from good days as well as bad days is so important. This is one way to help ensure your next prep goes well as you will now have a basis to begin with. Also, no one is going to want to hear your sob stories of how hard it is to stick to your diet or how tired you are. Journal, blog, or create mixed-media art to help you deal.
- Get enough sleep. It’s a miracle worker.
- Take progress photos. Often. Here’s where I started for the transformation challenge(with newspaper) and where I currently am:
- And lastly, have a mantra, and repeat it to yourself often, if not daily. For me currently it’s “Eat clean at every meal so that 2 a days aren’t necessary”. It’s my own personal mantra, and I feel very vulnerable putting that out there but food is my weakness and this seems to be helping me greatly.
Each individual is different, and I feel like I’ve learned something from everyone I’ve run into in the fit fam world. What works for someone may not work for you but always be open minded and see where it takes you.
@bodybuildingcom @dymatize #transformationchallenge #100kreasons #fitfam #fitness #bodybuilding #igotthis